Thursday, December 24, 2009

Get’er done!

Part of me is pretty sad about the numbers I have to report today and part of me is quite okay with this week’s results. Six days ago I weighed 325.9 lbs and my current weigh is 326.8. As you can see, that’s up 9/10ths of a pound. Obviously I wish I was down and not up, but to only be up such a small amount considering the parties I’ve been to is something I can live with. I was thinking yesterday how this has still been the healthiest Holiday Season I have celebrated in at least 10 years. I know that I’m not out of the woods yet, but to have gained so little when I would have normally gained so much makes me want to hold on even harder for the next day and a half. The bottom line is that I am still down 19 lbs for December! Plus I’ve got time to lose even more before the New Year.
Tomorrow is Christmas and that means we’ll all be too busy for blogging. If I happen to get a chance, I’ll sneak away from the festivities and jot a quick entry but I won’t expect much of a response. I wish you all the best and encourage you (and myself) to figure out for you personally what it means to “feast responsibly” and then…get’er done!

3 comments:

  1. I think you should assume you gained 9/10s of a pound of muscle from your workouts and gained no fat this week. Just keep going as usual w/your weight loss regimen.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hang in there, Brent. Only another week or so and it will be back to non-holiday life. That 9/10ths of a pound could have been remedied by a haircut, I would think. I'd say you're maintaining well, considering the circumstances. I went to the family party last night and did okay. We had soups for the main dish. I skipped the rolls, but I had chips and cheese in my soup. I didn't have eggnog even though I LOVE the stuff, because I knew I would not feel good and I'd want to overload--I substituted some ice cold apple cider. I also refrained from the sweet chex mix, whatever it's called (with almond slivers and gooey sweet stuff--YUM), because I knew one bite and I wouldn't be able to stop. The rest of the sweets were chocolate, which I don't eat, so I got out of there without any dessert. I did eat the highly caloric dips and cream cheese, but I stuck with dipping triscuits for the fiber and whole grain. This morning I weighed the same as yesterday, so I was glad. I really feel that drinking a gallon of pure water every day is helping my weight loss along. Well, anyway, keep chugging along. You can do it! Have a very Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Brent, where did you go? I know you skipped Christmas, But its Monday and I miss you. Please come back!

    ReplyDelete