Thursday, January 14, 2010

Five dollars worth of Cold Stone in the trash!

Spent the day on the road and certainly did not eat as well as I should. I only ate once, but when I did…it was Chinese food, and way too much of it. Tasty yes, but very unhealthily. I console myself a little when I remember that the old me would have went for a Chinese buffet rather than a single serve joint like the one we went to but it was still unplanned and thus against the rules.

After the Chinese, I figured all was lost for the day and suggested we stopped for ice cream. In a moment of weakness, I ordered the largest size of hard-serve they had and dove in. The only good thing about it was that a few bites into the cream, I stopped, shoved it away, and ended up throwing five dollars worth of Cold Stone in the trash.

Today’s exercise went great. That was the one good thing I did today. I’m thinking more and more of committing to “going raw” for at least 7 days. I don’t want to promise that which I cannot perform so I will have to think it over a bit more before pledging to do it. I’ll keep you posted.

1 comment:

  1. Great job! I'm curious why you say chinese is unhealthy? Isn't it mostly veggies?

    I don't know about you, but I've been told not to waste food since I was little and to clean up my plate. It is hard for me to throw food away, but I have gotten so I can do it. It's the five dollars for the ice cream in the garbage now, or fifty dollars for a trip to the doctor later. I also like to say the food I throw away "isn't going to WAIST." My waist, that is.

    You can definitely do raw for a week. You will probably still have cravings for the cooked food you are used to, but if you have a good variety of raw food on hand, it can be very satisfying.

    ReplyDelete