Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Please, please, PLEASE do like that lady today!

BOOM! The blog strikes again!

Today I made a quick trip to the local Nebo Market for some grindage. I had a short list of healthy items in my cart, including a case of navel oranges, a package of all-white buzzard meat, and some whole wheat pasta. While I was trolling the dairy section, looking for cottage cheese, I noticed a woman (who shall remain nameless because I am never sure about mentioning people’s names on the internet) walking towards me. I reached out and snagged the low-fat mini-curd and turned to see that the lady was standing next to me. She said she is following my blog and she was proud of me for making such good food choices. I was so thankful to her for saying something because every time someone does, it makes me tickled-pink for one, and extra motivated for two.

I was thinking the other day about how I almost never by candy these days. And it’s a good thing too, because I never know who’s watching. If I had to guess, I’d say the old me bought some kind of candy at least 20 times per month, and when I say candy, I mean CANDY! Whopping portions! Movie sized candy bars, family packs of mini Snickers! Everything I bought was always in a full week’s supply—a week’s supply that I managed to consume in a few hours. How things have changed, how glad I was that my shopping cart was not loaded with high fructose corn syrup today.
Now, you’ll notice above I said that I “hardly ever” buy candy, but I never say (said) never. As you know, I still have my week moments and planned leaps off the weight-loss wagon, but by in large, I am a very different man these days.

Thanks a gazillion for your help and inspiration and please please PLEASE do like that lady today, and ask me how things are going. It means more to me than you could possibly know.

2 comments:

  1. Brent, I posted your blog on my FB wall, I hope it works!!! Hang in there, you're doing great. Did you add Safflower oil to your list? Take 2 tsp a day with juice or whatever drink you like. It's tasteless! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The amazing Elizabeth sent me over. I LOVE candy, chocolate particularly. I don't know if I could ever give it up so you are awesome!

    ReplyDelete