Friday, March 5, 2010

In case you forgot…its FRIDAY! Time for the weekly weigh-in!

I love dogs as much as the next guy—well maybe not as much…or for the same reasons as some Tongans, but I do really really like dogs. Except when I’m out for a leisurely jog about town and some killer k-9 recently off his Prozac charges onto the street in hot pursuit of what his dog-brain interprets as a fleeting felon! I mean, sure an attacking dog always helps you pick up the ol’ pace a little, but that only lasts until the toothy pooch become close enough to get nasty. Then…you have to stop exercising (which is the sucky part!), turn around with your chest puffed out and your shoulders cocked back and try to let the dumb dog know that things are about to get incredibly serious…which by the way, is exactly what you’re afraid will happen! I’m a pretty tough guy, but honestly, who wants to get bit by a dog? All gaping flesh wounds and bloodshed aside, the whole incident would just be an embarrassing fiasco. A fiasco that could simply be avoided if folks would just care enough about their neighbors…and their 4-legged body guards to fence the critters in.
Anyhoo—that’s enough said about inconsiderate, uncaring, selfish, thoughtless, insensitive, and uncharitable neighbors with over-protective, ultra-territorial, disobedient dogs.
In case you forgot…its FRIDAY! Time for the weekly weigh-in!
The good news is, I’m out of the 300’s…again (*sigh*). My current weight is 298.8. That’s still a smidge up from two weeks ago, but it 5 lbs less than last week. Holy freaking hurrah!
I’ve got to tell you guys that I am really getting a positive charge out of this new Facebook group. To add so many new folks to our weight-loss watching ranks is very inspiring. Take today for example. It’s stinking cold out! We’re talkin’ freshly fallen snow, icy pavement, pothole puddles…the whole kit & kaboodle of wintertime obstacles, but still, I went running despite it all because of your being there! Your following my progress makes me motivated.
Now, I know I’ve celebrated being in the 200’s before, and I swore I’d never see the 3’s again, but this time I am so done with the 3’s! No way! Now how am I going back there…as long as I have your support. Let’s be motivated together!

2 comments:

  1. I wonder if its that nice blue healer over on the corner by fackrells, he wants to eat me every time i run by there!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Blue healers are good for more than driving cows...they can heard joggers just as well! :)

    ReplyDelete