Monday, March 8, 2010

I was at the end of a very long and pitiful rope...

Long day. Out of gas. Did a short jog, a light supper, and am looking forward to an early bedtime. Bought some light-weight running shoes on my way home from SLC today…but I have a feeling they won’t handle the load so I am going to take them back tomorrow and snag a sturdier pair. I’m excited about the big race in Tooele. I’m pretty sure this won’t be the most popular race in the world, but for the few of you who have signed on, I promise that we’ll make it a good one.

For those of you who are new, I’m going to do a repost of my first blog entry tomorrow morning. Let me just say that making that first post was a significant event for me. I was at the end of a very long and pitiful rope and the idea of starting a weight-loss blog just sort of leaped out at me as I was praying for a way to retake control of my health. Now, looking back, posting was one of the smartest things I’ve ever done, but at the time, I was scared to death about what you all would think of me…a grown man going online, flaunting his weaknesses to the world. You can imagine my elation when the flow of support, well wishes, and eventually, comrades-in-arms all came forth in wonderful ways that I could never have expected. Thanks again for tuning in. Thanks for adding to my motivation and thanks to all of those who have joined alongside me in a quest for a better, healthier life.

No comments:

Post a Comment