Tuesday, October 19, 2010

deer hunt: not traditionally a time for fruits and greens

I’ve had a couple of great nutrition and exercise days but my legs feel like rubber after so much jogging. I’m getting pretty old to be running around like this, and by like this, I mean huge!
We’ve still got lots of vine ripe tomatoes at our place so I’m eating them like they’re going out of season, which of course, they are.
Somehow I missed out on the fresh peaches but we have apples galore and are getting even more from my kid sister’s orchards tomorrow. This is a great time of year to be a fruit lover. Next will come the cases of Christmas oranges! Oh yeah!
Part of my recent motivation for getting my heart rate up each this day is because of the deer hunt. There are certainly worse places to kill over dead than on the mountain but I’d feel sorry for whoever gets assigned to drag my huge carcass out so I figured it’s better to get in shape and stay alive.
It’s going to be tough eating healthy on the mountain. The deer hunt is not traditionally a time for fruits and greens. I’m devising a plan which will most likely involve eating a healthy breakfast and lunch and regular deer-camp supper.
I hope all is going well for you in your quest for a better healthier life. Keep me posted on your progress, or even on the lack thereof.

1 comment:

  1. I'm afraid I'm the one you're talking about when you say "lack thereof." I am struggling. But it is good to see you back on the blog. Finding significant motivation is hard. I wish that being healthy and slim was motivation enough, but when overeating and unhealthy eating is an addiction, all logic goes out the window. I keep trying to recommit, but nothing is working at this point. Fortunately, I weigh often enough that when I see the number start going up I panic and eat well for a couple of days to stop the trend. I don't feel at peace, though, and I'd like the healthy lifestyle to become permanent somehow. Thanks for the blog. It's good to know someone else is out there fighting the same dragon.

    ReplyDelete