Monday, March 22, 2010

Positive Visualization

As you may have guessed, I’ve been a little down in the dumps the last few weeks. Not only has my weight-loss leveled off, but complications and delays with my other major projects have been getting the better of me as well. It seems I’m guilty of wanting everything in life to work out on my timeline and not the Lords. I’ve been letting it all stress me out more than I normally would and that of course, only makes matters worse.

Sundays are always good for prayer and pondering so I made up my mind to do just that. By the time church was over, my folks gave me the pep-talk of a lifetime, saying that they had faith that I would succeed and that they would continue to stand by me. My mother told me to make a list of why I want to accomplish the projects I am laboring towards and to list how I will feel once I’ve succeeded. Then, when times get tough (which they will) I am to read the list as motivation. Positive visualization is not a new concept, but it was what I needed to hear.
Later on that day, a good friend of mine invited me to a fireside where she and her children were presenting a music and spoken word program. I was glad to go; feeling that this would be another opportunity for me to have my prayers answered. It was.
She talked about self-esteem, personal worth, and the worth of every soul in the eyes of God. There was a very peaceful feeling in the room as we were all reminded of God’s love for us. It was very moving.

Tomorrow I’m going to post my list of reasons for wanting to be healthy and how I see my life changing as a result. This should be very interesting.

1 comment:

  1. I'm glad to hear it, Brent! Your mom told me you guys had a big talk. :) It's great to have them there to support you. I hope you find the rejuvination you are looking for. I'm still in the fight with you, and I know you can do it!!

    ReplyDelete