Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Give me a shout and we’ll work on it together!

Happy Groundhog Day!

Looks like another fairly routine day here at weight loss central. I ran two miles and walked two today and it was a ton easier than yesterday. From a motivational standpoint, signing up for this 5k is one of the smartest things I’ve ever done. I’m saying that now, but if I’m no longer vertical half way through the race I’ll be cussing myself big time.

I’ve been eating smart and eating my evening meal early, and my body is sure thanking me for it.

I wanted to say thank you (again) for being here for me and for all of your nice emails. I’m even still getting them from people who’ve been following my blog each day and yet I didn’t know that they were. Very cool. I am so excited about how well things are going. My success is the first thing I think of when I wake up and the last thing I think of as I drift off to sleep. Who’d a thought that taking care of myself could make me feel so dang great? Hope you’re feeling that way too…and if not, give me a shout and we’ll work on it together.

2 comments:

  1. I'm sorry I comment every day, but if you knew what a lifeline it is to have a friend who is working on this while I am, you would understand. Wait...you do have that! Today was great. I walked/ran for 45 minutes even though I wanted to give up. I looked up the info about training for a 5K and it talked about alternating walking/running for short periods of time. Anyway, I didn't think I would last, but I did, and it felt great! Thank you for the positive influence, Brent.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't feel sorry for making comments. We all love them. I am glad you are brave enough, and that you care enough to do it.

    Great job on the run! Doing a run-walk like that also has a way of making your body keep buring extra calories long after the workout. Now that you've had a taste of it you'll want to keep running. I think they call it a "runner's high!"

    ReplyDelete