Sunday, January 24, 2010

“Mommy, that man is fat!”

Just another Sunday in weight loss heaven!

This counting calorie concept has really been a huge breakthrough for me! Here I’ve fought doing it this whole time, only to learn firsthand that counting is king! The really cool thing is that understanding calories isn’t even rocket science. You just read the food label or consult the web, do a quick bit of math, jot down a few simple numbers in your check ledger and that’s it! Oh, and you have to remember not to overeat! Historically, that part can be a bit tricky, but it’s still not as hard as engineering a rocket, and I’m telling you, it’s easier to eat less when you’re keeping a daily food log.

Tonight was one of those little paydays that I keep talking about. We went to visit a family friend who hadn’t heard that I’d been losing weight. One of the first things our friend said when I strolled through her door was “you’re losing weight!” How cool is that? She wasn’t a part of my “paid” support group trying to encouraging me on, she’s just a random lady that blurted out her first observation, which by the way, is far cry better than some wide-eyed kid at Wal-Mart pointing at me, telling his mother “Mommy, that man is fat!” Yeah, that kind of blurting is never fun, even though I always mustered a fake chuckle just so the kid’s mom doesn’t cuff the honest little sucker up-side the head.

On another note, I’m slightly freaked out but also excited that the big race is coming up so soon. It’s hard to imagine that in just a few short weeks I’ll actually be running three miles (hopefully non-stop) in Delta. I’m glad that some of you have committed to the run already, and hope there will be more, if not for this race, maybe the one in late March. Give it a think, will you?

See ya tomorrow!

3 comments:

  1. My honest wake-up calls come from my five-year-old. He was telling me that he wants to go to the zoo to see the giraffes, lions, and hippos. "The hippos look just like you, Mommy!" Good thing he's so cute ...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck on your run! Hated it all of my youth, tried it a few years ago and gave up. *sigh. I want to give it another try.

    LOL! I read what Tristi wrote. Kids are too funny, you know? It's so embarrassing to have those little, squeaky voices blurt out things like that!

    Gotta love the little ones! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've been logging my food intake since day one. It really helps. On the days I don't do so well, I write a little note about how I feel to remind myself for the next time.

    ReplyDelete